Tuesday, September 23, 2014

An Interview with Patches





My name is Patches and I’m a calico cat.
 
Book name: Patches


Tell me a little about yourself? Well, I grew up in a beautiful house with a girl named Karoline. One day, I was bad and her dad threw me out into the woods. I’m having to learn the ropes of living outdoors!

Where do you live? I live on the beach in Florida.

Who is the most important person in your life? The cats that helped me adjust to life outdoors. Tiger, Whiskers, Leah, Midnight and so many more. I actually found out that Tiger is my long lost brother!

What was your childhood like? It was great, I had all the milk I could drink and plenty of kibble. Those are a couple of things I miss now that I am a stray.

Of all the people you've met, who would you LEAST like to be stuck in an elevator with? The diablos! Those are scary dogs that have glowing red eyes. Yikes.

What is the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? My friends. They have taught me so much about how to survive outdoors.

What is your biggest fear? I really don’t like rats along with the diablos. They have sharp looking teeth.

What is the most important thing that ever happened to you? Why? Getting kicked out. It’s made me realize how many stray cats and other pets are abandoned.

Do you have any special talents or abilities? I’m great at scaring away rats when the other cats are hunting them! I get so scared when I see a rat and I scream - and the rat gets away.

How do you see your future? I hope to one day find Karoline again.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities, how would you spend it? I’d sit on the beach and people watch!

Where can we find out more about you? You can visit my website, Lizzythewriter.com. The person that wrote the book about me has more info about me there. Or, I have a twitter account! @HollywoodTail, you can follow me there!

 

Book Blurb

Patches was a good cat. She never clawed the carpet or messed up the furniture so when she is abandoned it comes as quite the shock. Having never been outside-or without a kitty litter box-Patches must rely on new friends including Whiskers, Tiger, Leah and a handful of others, as she learns to survive in an unfamiliar terrain. While trying to fit in, Patches inadvertently creates a conflict between the Long Haired Cats and the Short Haired ones! Patches is the story of one cat’s determination to learn the ropes of living outdoors and her realization that cats are cats, no matter their hair length!




About The Author 

Elizabeth Grace was born and raised in Minnesota where she spent most of her time either exploring the woods or finding new pets to adopt. Her love of animals and adventure is what has inspired both her children's book, "A Hollywood Tail" and has created in her a love of travel. Moving to Miami, she spent weekends exploring all that the nature side of South Florida had to offer. From the Everglades to Key West to hidden gems throughout Miami, her adventures have now become a travel book "24 Hours Miami." She invites you to join in her journeys and share your adventures with her! She loves checking out travel blogs, other writer's blogs and writing resources. Connect with her by clicking on the social links below or by visiting her website: www.lizzythewriter.com.




If you like this children’s book, Elizabeth’s other book, A Hollywood Tail is available at:
http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Tail-Elizabeth-Grace/dp/1631221329


Win a copy of Patches or A Hollywood Tail by visiting: